According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 200,000 people living in the United States are hospitalized each year with the flu or with flu-related complications. Don’t be one of the this year by making sure you receive your flu vaccine sooner rather than later.
What Is the Flu?
Also known as influenza, the flu is an extremely contagious respiratory illness that attacks the body. The flu virus spreads through both the upper and lower respiratory tract.
Symptoms of the Flu
- Nasal congestion
- Loss of appetite
- Pain in muscles
- Runny nose
- Cough (dry or with phlegm)
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph nodes
Does My Insurance Cover the Flu Shot?
Under the Affordable Care Act, the flu shot and other vaccines are required to be covered by your health insurance company. Because of this, most people should be able to receive a flu shot at no cost or copay under their insurance plan.
Benefits of the Flu Shot
- Can reduce your risk of suffering from the flu
- Prevents spreading the flu to other people
- Lowers your risk of being hospitalized due to the flu virus
- Protects women and their babies during and after pregnancy
- Helps protect people living with chronic health conditions
Have you gotten your flu shot yet? Stop by AFC Urgent Care Chattanooga today to receive your flu shot ASAP!