Social Media Guidelines
Countless hours are spent on Social Media every day. AFC Urgent Care recognizes that social media has evolved into a tool where people go to discover new ideas, find out information, and relate with friends.
AFC Urgent Care of TN & NC uses social media as a place to share local news, information on living a healthy life, choosing the right doctor, and more. These platforms are not a place for patient health related correspondence, and they are not monitored 24/7. In the case of an emergency call 911. Below, we offer guidelines for the public regarding social media use in relation to AFC Urgent Care TN & NC.
A Safe Environment
We encourage a safe, welcoming and open environment on our social media sites.
We will never:
- Ask you to share personal health information on social media. If personal information is posted or messaged, we will respond that you call our clinic directly to discuss. We will reserve the right to delete or hide comments that do so. Social media platforms are not HIPAA Compliant and personal health information should not be shared. (including through direct messaging)
- Offer detailed medical advice, diagnosis or treatment through social media channels.
- Create a doctor-patient relationship through social media channels, or guarantee the privacy you can only expect in official communications. All forms of social media communication should always be considered public communication.
We ask that you never
- Share your personal health information, or that of a loved one, family member or friend. We reserve the right to delete or hide comments that do so. Please use our clinic phone number as your primary method of communication
- Speak disrespectfully to other people using our social media channels.
- Post advertisements, spam or comments that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. We will delete or hide these comments.
Responding to comments:
We regularly respond to negative and positive comments. Many of these responses look a lot alike. This is because of health privacy laws; we can’t be specific regarding anyone’s care and treatment. However, we want to talk with you confidentially about your concerns, so we use standard messaging to encourage you to give us a call.
Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us. It is just as important to us that we get a chance to address your concerns, so we hope you will call us at the number provided in our reply.
Thank you for understanding, and if you have any questions about these policies, please feel free to reach out to our Marketing Department at 423-476-5990.
Chattanooga, TN 37421