Is Chickenpox Contagious? Chickenpox is extremely contagious. If a person has chickenpox, he or she is contagious the most from day two to day five of the disease. Fortunately, unlikely in the past when the condition was considered a rite of childhood, these days chickenpox can be prevented by a vaccine.
Symptoms of Chickenpox
- Red spots
- Loss of appetite
- Sore throat
- Swollen lymph nodes
How Long Does It Take Chickenpox to Heal?It can take a while for all of the blisters to scab over when experiencing chickenpox. While it usually takes around 10 to 14 days, there are some cases where chickenpox can leave a mark on the skin that stays around for six to 12 months.
Treatment of Chickenpox
- Soak in a lukewarm oatmeal bath.
- Eat sugar-free popsicles to soothe throat.
- Apply calamine lotion to spots.
- Take medications as prescribed by a doctor.
- Wear mittens to keep from scratching.
- Apply moisturizer to skin.